Test Shot 1… I took to see what effect the settings were going to have on the overall image, that the camera was positioned correctly and to check that everything I wanted was in the frame.
This is the image showing movement. I am not entirely happy with this image as it seems to show the movement as a bright glow in the center of the bed rather than actual blurred movement. I have thought about maybe re-shooting this but moving around more slowly or even editing it in Photoshop to see what it is like in black and white.
I have moved the camera in this shot and went straight into shooting without first doing a test shot…sometimes I get a bit carried away! This is why the test shot comes further down… I am still unsure about this image and am having the same problems with it as the above shot. None of these images have been edited in any way yet, they are straight from camera so perhaps playing around with them in Photoshop may help, if not I can try a re-shoot.
This image seems to capture movement a bit better with some hazy “ghost” parts to the image. I am happier with this image than the previous images. When I took this image I checked the last image and decided on the spot to re-shoot and moved around a bit slower to see if that made any difference.
Test Shot 2… If I had done the test shot first I think I would have chosen to move the duvet out of the frame completely and maybe remove some of the clutter in the background before shooting… Worth noting for next time!
Test Shot 3 … I moved the camera again and took a test shot to see if the framing was ok, as with the above test shot, I think I should have removed the duvet completely from the shot as I am now finding it to be distracting along with the background clutter.
I am much more happy with how this image has turned out! It is more along the lines of what I was expecting. The image has some nice movement trails in it which I think have been helped by a different camera position, however I think that the camera and tripod were set up too close to the bed as the background is blurry which could have been caused by camera shake, I’m not sure if this matters too much with the overall image but I am tempted to re-shoot.. I really would like to convert this to black and white to see what it would look like!!!!
Test Shot 4… Again, I should have moved the duvet and the clutter from under the bed and in the background. Really like the framing of this shot though!
This image, as the one above, works for what I set out to capture and is along the lines of what I expected. In hindsight I would have moved the duvet as it is a large distraction for me personally.
This image is even better in terms of what I wanted to create. I think that this camera angle helps to capture the movement as trails and ghosting really well!
Test Shot 5… Clutter beside the bed….
Test Shot 6… Still clutter but better in terms of distraction. I think I should re-shoot this angle again and remove all items from the frame as they are still distracting.
This image is a bit too ghost like for me. There is no real suggestion that the light parts of the bed are a person, to me it looks like a camera fault. However, I am keen to see (again) how this would look like in black and white.
Again, I’m not entirely happy with this shot as there is not enough movement recorded. I think it may be down to camera angle and shutter speed so I may have to re-shoot.
Another shot I did using the same camera angle as the shots above… This one is marginally better than the ones above but only slightly. I’m still not sure on the camera angle for this shot or how movement has been recorded.
Test Shot 7 … Another different camera angle, checking the framing of the shot. I think that the clutter on the bedside cabinet should have been removed as it is distracting.