I can’t believe May has come and gone! It doesn’t feel like that long ago that I finished uni for the summer! (Not that we have had much of a summer yet, 1 week of hot sunny weather and the rest has been wet and miserable…)
Anyway, as this is a review of May I shall be sharing my favourite posts with you along with my favourite ideas that have cropped up along the way!
So, this month my favourite posts were (in most recent – earliest)
1) Heat. (https://artreviewed.wordpress.com/2012/05/31/heat/) I really like this post as it was a spur of the moment blog that I wasn’t going to do. I was originally going to blog about something else but had taken these photos in the garden and they captured (to me anyway) how hot it was. The photos I took were calm and peaceful, which the day was, it was one of those days where you could smell the warmth in the air and there wasn’t a cloud to be seen, let alone a breeze to be felt.
2) Circles Project Week 2. (https://artreviewed.wordpress.com/2012/05/25/circles-project-week-2/) I liked the first weeks photos but am more pleased with how the second weeks photos turned out. I feel that I have pushed myself and challenged myself to be more creative with the photos I have taken, used different view points and become more investigative with my pictures.
3) Summer Bucket List. (https://artreviewed.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/summer-bucket-list/) As I am not in uni now for quite a while and (seem to) have time on my hands I thought it would be nice to compile a bucket list of things I would like to do during the holidays apart from just concentrate on uni work and photos. Some of the items on my list I have tried and have had fun with, some I have ideas for and some I have yet to start or do, which is ok as I do have a lot of time to be able to do these things in! At some point there will be a post about what I have done on the list and photos too!!!
4) My Cameras. (https://artreviewed.wordpress.com/2012/05/12/my-cameras-photos/) This post where I spoke about my cameras made me realise that I do own an awful amount of cameras, some I have not used for ages (maybe even years) and it got me thinking about them and how much I loved taking photos with them, all for different reasons. It has made me think about starting to use them again and think about projects I could do using them!
5) A Model Family. (https://artreviewed.wordpress.com/2012/05/11/a-model-family-the-finished-product/) I’m not sure I can even begin to explain how happy I am with this project and the way it turned out in the end, especially as at one point I felt that I was battling with it and on the verge of giving up. This project is not just a grade to me, it is blood, sweat and tears and a reminder to myself not to give up and keep going even when you feel like it is not going to work. Just a little more effort and energy and belief in the idea can make it work! And I’m so glad I didn’t give up on this one! 😀
So, that’s my favourite posts but I have some ides also that I would like to follow on with in this month.
1) Day Projects (https://artreviewed.wordpress.com/2012/05/26/day-projects/) After I had this idea and had blogged about it I thought about what I could photo in a day and have now made a list. I am hoping to be able to take photos on a saturday each week and then get them developed on sunday with a view to posting in the week. I decided that I was going to use film for these projects as I want to get back into using film and really like the effects you can obtain with film. I like the idea of doing short projects that can be done in a day as it means that the projects can be based purely on photography and are quick and less time-consuming!
2) Illustrating a Story. (https://artreviewed.wordpress.com/2012/05/25/illustrating-a-story/) I like this idea which was a project we had in uni back in January. It can be as simple or as technical as you like and could be quite interesting. im not sure if I will choose a story to illustrate at the moment but I would like to keep it in mind for the future.
Things to work on in June.
1) Uni Summer Project. As I now have 2 completely new ideas I need to research them and decide whether to do them both (as both are viable options at the moment) or whether I should just do one. This decision can only be made once research is underway and I can see where I can go with my ideas and the volume of work each idea produces, and then where these ideas take me in terms of photographs and the quality of the ideas behind them.
2) Circles Project. I seem to have lost momentum for this project slightly. I’m not sure why, but over the next few weeks I am going to be editing some of the photos I have taken and really start playing with the ideas I have. One of the ideas for this project is to create something and I’m keen to get started with it and see what happens!
3) Day Projects. I am determined to start this project and use all of the cameras I have, if not to produce good work but to re-familiarise myself with film and the cameras themselves. I will be aiming to do one project each weekend, with shooting on a saturday and developing on a sunday!